[Lazarus] Console App Development

Henry Vermaak henry.vermaak at gmail.com
Fri Aug 12 18:28:44 CEST 2011

On 12/08/11 17:09, Martin wrote:
> On 12/08/2011 16:16, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
>> But as I also list, opening 208 units, the speed in MSEide is near
>> instant compared to Lazarus IDE (any version of Lazarus, old or new).
>
> 15 secs for 200 units are NOT a bad time. And btw, older lazarus was
> slower, there was recent work.

It's not a bad time.  It's a _terrible_ time.

hcv at technical09:~/source/freepascal/latest/packages/univint/src$ time
gvim "+qa" -fp *
450 files to edit

real	0m3.433s
user	0m3.110s
sys	0m0.208s

This is with syntax highlighting, everything opened in tabs.  I wonder
how fast lazarus will open all the files in univint...

Henry