[Lazarus] Console App Development

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Sun Aug 14 10:29:07 CEST 2011

On 14.08.2011 00:05, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 13 August 2011 23:25, Marco van de Voort  wrote:
>>
>> How do you measure memory usage?
>
> Two ways:
>
> 1) 'gnome-system-monitor', look in the Processes tab, there is a Memory column.
>
> 2) Use 'top -p<processid>. Subtract the SHR value from the RES value.
>

> What is what I mean by "memory usage".

Maybe you could create a small IDE package that provides an interface to
the GetHeapStatus (
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/getheapstatus.html ) and
GetFPCHeapStatus (
http://www.freepascal.org/docs-html/rtl/system/getfpcheapstatus.html )
functions by e.g. a menu entry to check whether it's just the heap
manager that didn't release the memory chunks yet.

Regards,
Sven