[Lazarus] RE : RE : RE : RE : Console App Development

Luca Olivetti luca at wetron.es
Tue Aug 16 09:48:05 CEST 2011

Al 14/08/2011 16:04, En/na Martin ha escrit:

> I tried the process about 20 times (on windows).

IME (with user program, but that should translate to lazarus itself),
there's a big difference between windows and linux/gtk-2 (and also
linux/qt, but I don't use that, only to do some tests).
Windows uses much less memory and memory usage doesn't grow with time,
while linux/gtk-2, doing the same things, uses much more initial memory
and its usage constantly grows.
Given that my programs have to run unattended 24/7, that's a big issue
for me (more than the memory usage by lazarus).
Now under linux I routinely add a test to see if there's a pause in the
production line and use that to restart the program :-(

Bye
--
Luca Olivetti
Wetron Automation Technology http://www.wetron.es