[Lazarus] New widgetset

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Aug 16 10:39:41 CEST 2011

On 08/16/2011 10:28 AM, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
> you're not very helpfull by stating it just does not work, talking about
> sounding familiar!

In no way did I mean that rude. I was referring to the relation with
fpGUI: Custom drawn, light on dependencies, looking the same on all
platforms etc. Exactly the same "design goals" as can be seen with
fpGUI.  Great minds think alike. :)

> Be more specific if you can. Provide a backtrace or
> similar. Does glut itself work properly, have you tested that?

I know nothing about OpenGL, or even what GLUT is? For the latter, I
guess it's a wrapper around OpenGL's API, presumably to make programming
easier?

As for giving a backtrace, GDB doesn't seem very helpful either. But if
you have other ideas or structions of what I can try, I'll give them a
go by all means.

-----------------------------------
[examples]$ gdb ./example
GNU gdb (GDB) 7.1-ubuntu
<http://gnu.org/licenses/gpl.html>
and "show warranty" for details.
This GDB was configured as "x86_64-linux-gnu".
Reading symbols from
/home/graemeg/Desktop/nvidia-widgets/src/nvwidgets/examples/example...done.
(gdb) run
Starting program:
/home/graemeg/Desktop/nvidia-widgets/src/nvwidgets/examples/example
Cannot find new threads: generic error
(gdb)
-----------------------------------

So it seems it can't run via GDB.

So the best I can do at this time is give you the output it generates
(redirected to a file).

-------------------------------
internal: unknown instruction
Failed to allocate :
   size      : 0 bytes
   alignment : 256 bytes
   domains   : 2
Failed to allocate :
   size      : 0 bytes
   alignment : 256 bytes
   domains   : 2
Failed to allocate :
   size      : 0 bytes
   alignment : 256 bytes
   domains   : 2
...[continues this forever]...

How do I test GLUT on it's own? I know OpenGL works on my PC, because I
can run MSEgui's OpenGL example, and my OpenGL screensavers work.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/