[Lazarus] New widgetset

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Aug 16 14:17:30 CEST 2011

 On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 13:08:05 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys
 <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 08/16/2011 12:53 PM, dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl wrote:
>> indicates that you have a problem with the shader (GLSL). Difficult
>> tell where this comes from, but it's either the OpenGL library or
>> your
>> graphics card.
>
> As I mentioned, all the opengl demos with FPC works fine here.
 I understand you, but these widgets make use of "special" features.
 They use hardware acceleration by using GLSL.

>> Can you also
>> email me the output that you get from glutdemo.pp found in fpc
>> opengl/examples. This example will list quite some GL information to
>> console. We'll probably find a clue there.
>

> ----8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<-------------8<----
> [examples]$ ./project1
>
> GL info:
>   Vendor: Advanced Micro Devices, Inc.
>   Renderer: Mesa DRI R600 (RV710 954F) 20090101  TCL DRI2
>   Version: 1.5 Mesa 7.7.1
 This seems to indicate that you use an older version of OpenGL (1.5).
 AFAIK GLSL was included from OpenGL 2.0. So this suggests you should try
 to update your libraries.

 See also here:
 http://stackoverflow.com/questions/5741302/how-to-tell-if-a-computer-supports-opengl-2-0-i-want-to-write-shaders

 Regards, Darius