[Lazarus] New widgetset

dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl dhkblaszyk at zeelandnet.nl
Tue Aug 16 16:44:57 CEST 2011

 On Tue, 16 Aug 2011 16:20:41 +0200, Graeme Geldenhuys
 <graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> The new widgetset example now runs without problems - though I'm not
 Good news!

> sure what I am supposed to see in the example. I see 2 checkbox.
> Click
> the top one, and I see 3 checkboxes. Click the 2nd checkbox and I see
> horizontal slider. Clicking the Benchmark button does nothing, but
> from
> the code I think that is correct. Changing the Format combobox
> doesn't
> do anything either.
 The example project is poor, but that's what was originally supplied by
 the original project. Creating a new and better test project that shows
 all possibilities of the widgetset would be nice, but I don't have time
 for it now. If anyone plays with the widgetset and want's to submit
 his/her test project, I'm fine with that.

> I don't see anything resembling "textures" (as referred in previous
> messages). But than that is probably some OpenGL speak I know nothing
> about. Same with "shaders" - I have no clue what that is on does. :)
 I forgot to commit a fix for the textures. I will fix this later today.
 Textures are nothing more than in memory bitmaps. In this case we
 generate one at the beginning of app and paint it each cycle to screen.
 The shaders are little programs that are executed on your graphics card,
 this makes them ultra fast of course.

 Regards, Darius