[Lazarus] Using Laz 32bits to compile 64bits

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Sat Aug 20 12:16:49 CEST 2011

On 19 August 2011 15:45, Marcos Douglas wrote:

> My questions are:
> 1. I can use Lazarus 32bits in a machine 64bits but compile a program to 64bits?

I have long since given up on cross-compiling. And even when it did
work (successfully generated an executable), that executable often
crashed when run. So now I simply have one VM session for each OS we
want to target. I have build scripts on each, so no need to open IDE's
compile packages, change compiler settings for release versions etc.
Simply load the VM, and run the build script. The build script
automatically pulls the latest code and compiles with release build
compiler settings.

This works perfectly for our company for over a year, and we will
continue using this method in the future.

  - Graeme -