[Lazarus] Using Laz 32bits to compile 64bits

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Sat Aug 20 20:14:11 CEST 2011

On Sat, Aug 20, 2011 at 7:16 AM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19 August 2011 15:45, Marcos Douglas wrote:
>>
>> My questions are:
>> 1. I can use Lazarus 32bits in a machine 64bits but compile a program to 64bits?
>

> I have long since given up on cross-compiling. And even when it did
> work (successfully generated an executable), that executable often
> crashed when run.

This is my fear. Therefore I said that I will compile in each OS.

> So now I simply have one VM session for each OS we
> want to target. I have build scripts on each, so no need to open IDE's
> compile packages, change compiler settings for release versions etc.
> Simply load the VM, and run the build script. The build script
> automatically pulls the latest code and compiles with release build
> compiler settings.
>
> This works perfectly for our company for over a year, and we will
> continue using this method in the future.

But you have a copy of FPC for each OS?
You can use different sources, no? I would like to use a only source
(FPC and Lazarus) and scripts to compile for each OS (in my case,
today, just do WinXP and Win7).

Marcos Douglas