[Lazarus] TAChart legends

David M. Lawrence dave at fuzzo.com
Sun Aug 21 07:58:34 CEST 2011

On 8/21/2011 1:36 AM, Alexander Klenin wrote:
> On Sun, Aug 21, 2011 at 16:18, David M. Lawrence<dave at fuzzo.com>  wrote:
>> Is there a way to have the legend aligned bottom center and BELOW the frame
>> of the graph.  The only alignment I could find was top or bottom right or
>> left, with the legend parked on top of the data I'd like to show.  The graph
>> would benefit from the legend, but not if the only way to have the legend
>> ends up hiding some of the data is it supposed to explain.
> Set Alignment=laBottomCenter and UseSidebar=true

What version of TAchart is the laBottomCenter option in?  I have the
official release of Lazarus (0.9.30, 30 March 2011) and the only
alignment options I have are laTopRight, laTopLeft, laBottomRight, and
laBottomLeft. With those, the UseSidebar option forces the legend to the
right or left and squeezes the chart's horizontal dimensions.

I tried coding the alignment option in the plot procedure, but it is
flagged as an error upon compiling.  I also tried typing the
laBottomCenter in the object inspector, but as soon as I leave, Lazarus
resets it to laBottomRight.

Dave

  David M. Lawrence        | Home:  (804) 559-9786
  7471 Brook Way Court     | Fax:   (804) 559-9787
  Mechanicsville, VA 23111 | Email: dave at fuzzo.com
  USA                      | http:  http://fuzzo.com

"All drains lead to the ocean."  -- Gill, Finding Nemo

"We have met the enemy and he is us."  -- Pogo

"No trespassing
  4/17 of a haiku"  --  Richard Brautigan