[Lazarus] RE : Forms in DLL

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Aug 22 12:30:35 CEST 2011

On 08/19/2011 09:48 PM, Hans-Peter Diettrich wrote:
> Michael Schnell schrieb:
>
>> OK. My impression that each TApplication instance needs it's own
>> thread to work decently.
>
> Sorry, I don't understand that whole discussion

IMHO both kinds of "Shared Object GUI" might be useful for appropriate
projects: (1) doing an extension to the main program's GUI and (2) doing
a completely independent GUI. Of course (1) is only possible if the main
program is done in Lazarus, as well, so the relevance of (2) is
immediately obvious as well.

While (1) seems more obvious and does not need an additional thread,
regarding that with Lazarus seemingly the shared object creates it's own
completely independent static LCL memory and Application instance (2)
might be easier to do.

-Michael