[Lazarus] Compiling only LCL to 64-bit, on Windows

Vincent Snijders vincent.snijders at gmail.com
Wed Aug 24 14:10:42 CEST 2011

2011/8/24 Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net>:
> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
> <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Set your project architecture to x86-64 and compile your project. If
>> it uses the LCL, then the LCL will automatically be recompiled.
>
> Well, this is not so easy.

Why not?

> My Lazarus was compiled to 32-bit. The packages, 32-bit. The PATHs, 32-bit.
> I tought make all LCL 64-bit and write a BAT script to compile the
> program. To change all paths in Lazaurs is very boring and I might
> forget something.

> I did not want to use cross-compilation to does not add complexity,

What you want, one source, one installation, two targets is complex.

> but I don't know...

You are not cross compiling if your ppcx64 is not a cross compiler but
a native 64 bits application.

> I only want to have:
> 1. FPC and Lazarus works in 32-bit default;
> 2. Possibility to compile to 64-bit using an OS 64-bit, with script or
> something more simple;
> 3. Only one source to update;
> 4. A script to compile FPC to 32-bit and 64-bit (that I did and works);
> 5. A script to compile LCL to  64-bit after I that updated the sources.

What happens if you leave out step 5,
* if you create a console application without using the LCL?
* if you create a GUI application with the LCL?

Vincent