[Lazarus] Compiling only LCL to 64-bit, on Windows

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Wed Aug 24 15:06:11 CEST 2011

On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 9:10 AM, Vincent Snijders
<vincent.snijders at gmail.com> wrote:
> 2011/8/24 Marcos Douglas <md at delfire.net>:
>> On Wed, Aug 24, 2011 at 3:59 AM, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho
>> <felipemonteiro.carvalho at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Set your project architecture to x86-64 and compile your project. If
>>> it uses the LCL, then the LCL will automatically be recompiled.
>>
>> Well, this is not so easy.
>
> Why not?
>
>> My Lazarus was compiled to 32-bit. The packages, 32-bit. The PATHs, 32-bit.
>> I tought make all LCL 64-bit and write a BAT script to compile the
>> program. To change all paths in Lazaurs is very boring and I might
>> forget something.
>

>> I did not want to use cross-compilation to does not add complexity,
>
> What you want, one source, one installation, two targets is complex.

So, what is the best way to use Win 32 and 64-bit, in my case?

>> but I don't know...
>
> You are not cross compiling if your ppcx64 is not a cross compiler but
> a native 64 bits application.

I compiled my FPC in 64-bit native. Is this not correct?

>> I only want to have:
>> 1. FPC and Lazarus works in 32-bit default;
>> 2. Possibility to compile to 64-bit using an OS 64-bit, with script or
>> something more simple;
>> 3. Only one source to update;
>> 4. A script to compile FPC to 32-bit and 64-bit (that I did and works);
>> 5. A script to compile LCL to  64-bit after I that updated the sources.
>
> What happens if you leave out step 5,
> * if you create a console application without using the LCL?
> * if you create a GUI application with the LCL?

I can compile a console app  without using the LCL and;
The default GUI app, in my env, is win32.

I think didn't understand what did you mean, sorry.

Marcos Douglas