[Lazarus] widgetset roadmap issue query

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Aug 24 15:47:01 CEST 2011

eOn 08/24/2011 02:09 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> I would imagine in the case of LCL-fpGUI, it is simply not implemented.
> fpGUI itself does have fpgPostMessage() and fpgSendMessage() functions,
> that work fine for what they were designed for.
Pleas don't get me wrong ! I did not intend to nag on this. I just used
LCL-fpGUI as an example here.
> Unfortunately the LCL has no help regarding its PostMessage() function,
> so I have no clue what it is supposed to do in the context of the LCL.
Unfortunately, as you know, I got stuck when my trying to enhance the
help on TApplication.QueuAsyncCall. Once I can do this, I'll see what
help can be written on PostMessage. In fact in the LCL,  PostMessage
just queues a "Message" (a set of four integers) in the appropriate
queue. On the other site there seems to be a hook between the
"procedure... message" FPC language construct and the  WidgetType event
scheduler that allows for waking up the main thread and firing the user
code attached to the appropriate "procedure... message" statement
(supposedly somehow via Dispatch).

-Michael