[Lazarus] Generics in FPC have many problems

Jürgen Hestermann juergen.hestermann at gmx.de
Mon Aug 29 18:28:19 CEST 2011

Reimar Grabowski schrieb:
> That is the sad thing about technical progress. No need to write efficient code anymore as you have plenty of cycles left on current CPUs/GPUs (not saying anything about the quality of your code).
Then I am wondering why I am confronted with annoying slow software all
day. Very simple tasks take ten to hundred the time it can take
(compared to efficient programs that sometimes still exist). If CPU is
idle all the time then why are so many programs so slow? I doubt that
performance is no issue anymore.