[Lazarus] Generics in FPC have many problems

Reimar Grabowski reimgrab at web.de
Mon Aug 29 21:45:17 CEST 2011

On Mon, 29 Aug 2011 18:28:19 +0200
Jürgen Hestermann <juergen.hestermann at gmx.de> wrote:

> Then I am wondering why I am confronted with annoying slow software all
> day. Very simple tasks take ten to hundred the time it can take
> (compared to efficient programs that sometimes still exist). If CPU is
> idle all the time then why are so many programs so slow? I doubt that
> performance is no issue anymore.
The topic was simple games not Python, Groovy, etc... ;)
Performance issues in modern software are IMHO due to badly designed and coded programs (often due to lack of knowledge of low level stuff), overuse of libraries and frameworks for tasks that do not really need them, rush to market for proprietary software and most of all use of the wrong languages. Native is better. And not enough people use C++ anymore and even less the most amazing FPC.

R.
--
A: Because it messes up the order in which people normally read text.
Q: Why is top-posting such a bad thing?