[Lazarus] where's the 'X'?

Flávio Etrusco flavio.etrusco at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 23:55:40 CEST 2011

On Mon, Aug 29, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys
<graemeg.lists at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 29/08/2011, Vincent Snijders  wrote:
>>
>> This feature is not implemented in the windows page control, it is in gtk2.
>
> And from what I remember there is still a bug in the LCL's GTK2
> version. If you did code navigation (Ctrl +Click), then click on the X
> in a tab, it closed all other tabs except for the one you clicked on.
> :-(  That was a very annoying bug I trigger often.
>
> The Ctrl key state was "sticky" for some reason. I reported this
> problem, but can't remember if it was ever fixed - i haven't tried
> trunk in ages. I have since been using Ctrl+F4 (close file) instead.

The bug is still present in trunk. I stepped on it while looking at
the AltGr support (regarding the SynEdit column-mode discussion for
which a follow-up is still in my drafts :-$ ).
The LCL use a hook to peek into key messages and "caches" ShiftState,
it's in my to-do to look at using gdk_event_get_state() or
gdk_window_get_pointer() instead...

Best regards,
Flávio