[Lazarus] widgetset roadmap issue query

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Tue Aug 30 11:52:29 CEST 2011

On 08/29/2011 10:55 PM, Graeme Geldenhuys wrote:
> On 29/08/2011, Michael Schnell  wrote:
>> BTW when starting a TTimer that does not do anything, (while in the IDE)
>> the fpGUI flavor of the test projects makes the IDE hang.
> I have no idea what you test project does, but here I use many timers
> for many things - again without issues.
>
> I have recently rewritten the TfpgTimer code used under fpGUI+Windows.
> The old implementation was severely broken. So if you haven't recently
> gotten a fpGUI update, I would strongly recommend you do so.

I daily do fetch updates.

I seem to remember that some time ago, TTimer in my testing project worked.

I did some more tests:

In fact the IDE does not crash. It shows a hidden Message Window:
"Project eventtestraises exception class 'RunRerror(201)'

The TTimer is just instantiated. I can reach a breakpoint at
fpguiobject.inc line 151.

Stepping over same to line 153 shows a decent value for the Timer
variable: $B761AA00.

But stepping line 153 produces the exception.Same is "Result :=
PtrInt(Timer); " This is a 32 Bit Linux aned PtrInt in fact is "LongInt".

So the Loingint will be negative and as THandle is PtrUInt which again
is DWord, a range check exception is raised.

Changing the line to  " Result := THandle(Timer); "  makes the Timer work.

I don't know if this is appropriate for all Archs....

-Michael