[Lazarus] RE : Lazarus doesn't set IDE language correctly

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Wed Aug 31 11:22:08 CEST 2011

The LCL uses the gettext GetLanguageIDs function which returns the two
values 'af' and 'af_ZA.utf8', so the translator searches for file.af.po and
file.af_ZA.utf8.po.

AFAIK it worked that way since many years.

I wonder, why has no one noticed the broken af_ZA, pt_BR, zh_CN translations
under Linux yet?

That's why I'm not sure where to fix it:

a) Rename the Lazarus language files - might break under windows

b) or strip the utf8 - might break existing applications

c) or extend the LCL translator to search additionally without '.utf8'.

Mattias

then <lang>.

Ludo