[Lazarus] LCLWidgetType CustomDrawn

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Thu Dec 1 14:40:42 CET 2011

Now we have the LCLWidgetType CustomDrawn.
Can anybody tell me the differences vs the LCLWidgetType fpGUI ?

Why do we have a new LCLWidgetType that on the first sight seem to
target the same result as the existing one ?

(BTW. Right now I can't compile my testing project with either of same.)

Custom drawn:
/home/mschnell/Downloads/svn/lazarus/trunk/lcl/interfaces/customdrawn/customdrawnproc.pas(160,37)
Error: identifier idents no member "HasNoImage"

fpGUI:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: link.res contains output sections; did you forget -T?
/usr/bin/ld:
/home/mschnell/Downloads/svn/lazarus/trunk/lcl/units/i386-linux/fpgui/fpg_x11.o:
undefined reference to symbol 'FcFontSetDestroy'
/usr/bin/ld: note: 'FcFontSetDestroy' is defined in DSO
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1 so try adding it to the linker command line
/usr/lib/libfontconfig.so.1: could not read symbols: Invalid operation
eventtest.lpr(20,1) Error: Error while linking

-Michael