[Lazarus] PostgreSQL Questions

Tom Russell tsrdatatech at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 21:59:51 CET 2011

I know there was a patch for the postgres unit in fpc so that the
const set for the libpq stuff was not hard coded but I do not
understand how the unit(s) find the path to which the libpq resides?

I don't understand at least on OSX how I have to set a sym link for
the file in Usr/Lib for the db connection to work. What if a developer
had only access to the db on a server somewhere? Would you still need
the libpq file just to develop? And what about distributing your app
afterwards, what do you have to supply with it in order for it to
actually work?

Thanks,

Tom