[Lazarus] Petition to Skype

Krzysztof dibo20 at wp.pl
Mon Dec 5 21:14:14 CET 2011

Hi,

Some of my main projects are based on internet messangers. I created
with success plugins which communicate with Skype API on Windows and
Linux in clear Free Pascal. Now I decided to test SkypeKit which
become Skype engine (without GUI) which doesn't need Skype client
installed. But I am disappointed that multiplatform SkypeKit has
support only for C++, Python and Java and doesn't have for
multiplatform Free Pascal >:(
I am wondering... maybe create some online petition to Skype? I think
that support for Free Pascal in such big project like SkypeKit could
be a good marketing for Free Pascal and Lazarus. I prepared some
sketch:

"This petition is created by a community centered around Free Pascal
and Lazarus, addressed to SkypeKit developers.
Free Pascal is a professional open source Object Pascal compiler, and
has the same idea as Skype(kit) project - to work on as many platforms
as possible.
For now it is available for 32/64 bit processors like: Intel x86,
Amd64/x86_64, PowerPC, PowerPC64, Sparc, ARM.
Supported operating systems: Linux, FreeBSD, Haiku, Mac OS X/Darwin,
DOS, Win32, Win64, WinCE, OS/2, Netware (libc and classic), MorphOS,
Amiga, Symbian and others.
Lazarus IDE adds support for such interfaces like Windows API, GTK,
QT, Cocoa, Carbon and Android.

We are disappointed that such a rich and rapidly growing environment
was omitted in SkypeKit project development.
We postulate for support for Free Pascal.
We believe that Free Pascal can fill a missing gap and compete on a
par with such languages ​​as C++, Python or Java, contributing to the
growth popularity of Skype services.

Best regards. Free Pascal & Lazarus community."

Corrections are welcome (my English is not good).
What do you think about this? Worth?