[Lazarus] Bug on Lazarus Startup

William Oliveira Ferreira bdexterholland at gmail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:26:22 CET 2011

somedays ago i´ve wrote a mail about a bug on lazarus startup. I don´t
remember the date, the subject or other thing that should help to localize
it.

The bug heappens on the Windows 7 32bits computer that i use on my work.
When start lazarus (also after a clean uninstall, removing config files
from appdata and the C:\lazarus)
On startup it raises this exception:

[Window Title]
Lazarus
[Content]
directory not absolute "\".
Pressione Ok para ignorar e correr o risco de corrupção de dados.
Cancelar para finalizar o programa.
//hit ok to ignore and take the risk of data corruption.
//cancel to close the program
[OK] [Cancelar]

I´m using laz version < 32000 so many days because every new laz download
takes this error.

I don´t know why i´ve tried to add the freepascal binaries to Path
(environment variable) and it starts ok.

So, Why the installer doesn´t auto add the freepascal binaries to path OR
does lazarus doesn´t search for this path?