[Lazarus] Packages with IDE integration

Juha Manninen juha.manninen62 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 23 16:27:38 CET 2011

I am trying to make a package out of Bart's PO checker application.
I want to integrate it to Tools menu like LeakView or LazSVN packages are.
I don't know why it is so difficult.
This new PoChecker package compiles fine but gives an error when I try
to build Lazarus with it. I have compared every detail of it with
LeakView package which works and I don't see problems.
The error is:

pochecker.pas(76,12) Fatal: Can't find unit PoChecker used by Lazarus

The file contents are copied below. The error comes at RegisterPackage
line where the parameter refers to the unit name itself.
How can it not find a unit while it is compiling the exact same unit?

To be sure, I have renamed directories that contain files with same
names, so they can't be found from a wrong place.
I have done "Clean All + Build" for Lazarus.

Juha

---------
{ This file was automatically created by Lazarus. Do not edit!
  This source is only used to compile and install the package.
 }

unit PoChecker;

interface

uses
  ResultDlg, PoFamilies, main, SimplePoFiles, LazarusPackageIntf;

implementation

procedure Register;
begin
  RegisterUnit('main', @main.Register);