[Lazarus] Check changes on disk with loading

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Sun Dec 11 14:48:40 CET 2011

On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 15:29:53 +0200
Juha Manninen <juha.manninen62 at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am checking and translating some IDE strings.
> In Environment -> Desktop options there is : 'Check changes on disk with
> Is it correct?

It's confusing.

> Should it be 'Check changes on disk while loading' ?
> Or 'Check changes on disk when getting focus' ?

No.
The IDE checks on some events if the editor files have changed on disk.
Instead of checking only the file date it can also load the file and
compare the content.
Then it pops up the dialog "files have changed on disk".
Feel free to propose a better wording.

> Besides, the setting does not work.

How can you say that, if you don't understand it?
It works here.

> If I change a file outside of Lazarus and then activate Lazarus, a dialog
> always opens asking if I want to reload the file.
> The setting does not change it anyhow. Should it be removed?

You are in the wrong trouser. Please come back to us.

Mattias