[Lazarus] RE : Open File troubles.

Ludo Brands ludo.brands at free.fr
Sat Dec 17 16:37:38 CET 2011

> > Latest trunk on win32 has only the "Lazarus file
> (*.pas,*.pp, *.inc)"
> > option when opening a file. Drop down box has only one line.
>
> I just tested: A new IDE has the usual items. As you noted below.
>
> Maybe you were unlucky and fetched a buggy revision?

I have another older lazarus version (32410) with its own config directory.
When I started that one with the default config directory it also had only
the one line. That is what triggered the idea that the filefilters.xml was
corrupted, perhaps by indeed a buggy version.

> > Found that the problem is with filefilters.xml in the
> lazarus settings
> > directory. Deleting it brought back the old options. The
> contents of
> > the file was:
> >
> > <?xml version="1.0"?>
> > <CONFIG Count="7">
> >   <Filter01 Mask="*.lpi;*.lpr;*.lpk;*.pas;*.pp;*.inc;*.lfm;*.dfm"
> > Name="Lazarus file"/>
> >   <Filter02 Mask="*.pas;*.pp" Name="Lazarus unit"/>
> >   <Filter03 Mask="*.lpi" Name="Lazarus project"/>
> >   <Filter04 Mask="*.lfm;*.dfm" Name="Lazarus form"/>
> >   <Filter05 Mask="*.lpk" Name="Lazarus package"/>
> >   <Filter06 Mask="*.lpr" Name="Lazarus project source"/>
> >   <Filter07 Mask="" Name=""/>
> > </CONFIG>
> >
> > No new filefilters.xml has been created so far.
>
> It is created once you change the file filters.

I hadn't noticed that new option screen yet. Strange that 32410 which didn't
have the screen did act badly on the filefilters.xml. Perhaps it used it
already but without an interface to change it?
Weird is also that the options in the file filters screen don't correspond
at all with the actual options I have when opening a file. No new
filefilters.xml yet. Svn 34249 WinXP. Clicking on "reset filters" doesn't
help.

Thanks, Ludo