[Lazarus] [patch] Debugger: CPU registers: resetting display formats on every restart of the application

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Mon Dec 19 23:33:38 CET 2011

On 19/12/2011 16:55, Bernd wrote:
> 2011/12/19 Martin<lazarus at mfriebe.de>:
>
>> The patch should check that the new list has the same registers in the same
>> order.
> The attached patch now stores all names of registers whose format has
> been changed (in SetFormat) and when initializing them again it looks
> up the preferred format by the register name. This is very similar to
> what I initially tried when I tried to do it from within the GUI.

patch is ok.
which makes me feel guilty not to have used it as is.

But the mail you wrote made me see an alternative that I have
implemented now (please test, r 34294)

Still thanks for it, your idea of the name/format record brought it to life.

First I have moved the formats by name into a class of it's own.
Then I put an instance on the IDE side and allowed the gdb side to see a
copy.

So now I can manage it on the IDE site and the gdb site has access

Storing by name works always. Because to access anything by index the
Count is needed, and the count only exists if the names are known. So
when accessing a format by index, there always is a name.