[Lazarus] Run-time packages create a register unit

Sven Barth pascaldragon at googlemail.com
Thu Dec 22 13:17:17 CET 2011

Am 22.12.2011 11:04, schrieb ik:
> Hello,
>
> I'm creating a run-time package, but it seems that Lazarus also create a
> register unit with the package itself.
> Why is that, if I do not wish to register components, but only add units
> to path, and how can I avoid it ?

This "package unit" is always created, because with that unit all units
used by the package can be compiled, so that they don't need to be
compiled for each and every project/package which uses them. To avoid
that this base unit is included in your project if you use the package
you need to uncheck the "include in uses-clause" (or similar) option in
the package's options (in trunk version of Lazarus this is already the
default).

Regards,
Sven