[Lazarus] [patch] lhelp scrolling slowness - I might have found it

Bernd prof7bit at googlemail.com
Mon Dec 26 13:54:54 CET 2011

2011/12/26 Hans-Peter Diettrich <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com>:

>> The next step should be to find out what exactly
>> is going on during a scroll event that causes this to happen every
>> time.
>
> The font size can affect the height of the HTML items, which is required
> during scrolling.

But shouldn't the work of loading and applying all the different CSS
properties of that node only be needed once after parsing is complete
and not each time it is rendered? Ideally I think this entire method
(LoadCSSProps) should not be called during render. If I understand it
correctly then all it is supposed to do is to find all the different
CSS props that apply to a node of this type and class and merge them
in the correct order into the props object of that node. After that is
done (once) it could be rendered. I wouldn't expect any of the CSS
properties (or any properties at all) to *change* between two
consecutive renders of the same document.

Bernd