[Lazarus] Combobox styles

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Wed Dec 28 15:38:21 CET 2011

Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho schrieb:
> On Wed, Dec 28, 2011 at 3:09 AM, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>> No, it's a limitation (or bug) in the Lazarus widgeset.
>
> What makes you so sure?

I already used Windows comboboxes decades ago, on Win3.1.

> AFAIR the native Windows combo box is really limited on the height.

No. Delphi allows me to specify a height in pixels, at design time, and
reflects it properly. Lazarus shows the list only when the control is
aligned (e.g. alLeft), and even then the gap between the logical
(integral) and physical height is unhandled (background never erased).

DoDi