[Lazarus] LCL recompilation

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Thu Feb 3 06:38:44 CET 2011

The new handling of the LCL recompilation causes some trouble to me :-(

In former times it was possible to configure and compile the LCL in a
defined way. Now project specific settings can result in a recompilation
of the LCL, with every project, with chances that the recompilation
fails for a bunch of reasons. Even a "make clean all" can not help any
more, when testing a project forces another recompilation of the LCL :-(

Is it possible to "fix" the LCL compilation (i.e. no implied rebuild)?

Is it possible to use the Lazarus.lpi project for testing changes to the
LCL or IDE interface? Since this project does *not* recompile the LCL,
how can the LCL be rebuilt for such testing, without recompilation of
the current IDE?

Is it possible to have different LCL versions, for the IDE and other
projects? Rebuilding the IDE, e.g. to add or remove packages, should be
possible without adding eventual modifications to the LCL. I'd like to
have a single stable IDE on my system, that is never affected by
exploring different SVN branches or other local changes to the codebase.

Is it possible to have different debug settings, for projects and the
LCL? Code navigation (goto declaration...) and stepping through LCL
code, down to the widgetset level, seems to require a debug version of
the LCL.

DoDi