[Lazarus] installing zeos

Terry A. Haimann terry at HaimannOnline.com
Thu Feb 3 15:56:18 CET 2011

I have tried to install zeos on a fc14-64 system.

I tried putting it in /usr/share/zeos

I issued a chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zeos

I have tried adding one of the following to my user path (not all at the
same time)

/usr/share/zeos
/usr/share/zeos/packages
/usr/share/zeos/packages/lazarus

Lazarus starts without any complaints from root, but if I try to start
it from my user, I get the following error:

/The package "zcomponent" is installed, but no valid file (.lpk) was
found.  A broken dummy package was created./

Is there something I have forgotten?  Is there something I am doing wrong?