[Lazarus] Compile error

Paul Parkyn zl3app at paradise.net.nz
Fri Feb 11 02:02:36 CET 2011

Hello,
I have been trying to compile lazarus from svn, as I have tried a number
of times I am using "make clean all" the process fails when calling the
resource compiler for lazarus.or.

lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres",
switching to external mode
lazarus.pp(132,1) Fatal: There were 1 errors compiling module, stopping
Fatal: Compilation aborted
make[2]: *** [lazarus] Error 1
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Laztrunk/ide'
make[1]: *** [ide] Error 2
make[1]: Leaving directory `/home/paul/Laztrunk/ide'
make: *** [ide] Error 2

The fpcres program is in the /usr/bin directory and is executable by
everyone, lazarus.or is in the proper Unit directory and the majority of
the files have updated time stamps.

My system is a Toshiba Laptop, OS is Mandriva 2010.2, FPC 2.4.2.

I have tried as home user, and root, but get the same result.
Has anyone else had this problem and solved it?

Thanks  Paul