[Lazarus] How to install (compile) the GNU Debugger 7.2 for Windows 7 ?

Peter Williams pewilliams2010 at live.com
Mon Feb 28 19:37:08 CET 2011

Hi All,
I am using Lazarus 0.9.31 on Windows 7 and I need to set a breakpoint and use a debugger. When I set a breakpoint I got a message that there was no debugger. I used the Options / Debugger menu and found that GNU debugger is an option, so I found this site and downloaded it:
http://www.gnu.org/software/gdb/
GDB: The GNU Project Debugger
I have unarchived it to my c: and it appears to just be a lot of C and H files of C language source files. It has make files for Linux.
Does anyone know how to install this for Windows? I don't current have a C compiler installed.
Best Regards,PEW