[Lazarus] Lazarus Project Group

michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be michael.vancanneyt at wisa.be
Tue Feb 1 09:31:48 CET 2011

On Tue, 1 Feb 2011, Bo Berglund wrote:

> On Tue, 01 Feb 2011 04:28:23 +0100, Hans-Peter Diettrich
> <DrDiettrich1 at aol.com> wrote:
>
>> silvioprog schrieb:
>>
>>> In Delphi7 I use only one file (bpg) to manage my projects (to open
>>> projects, compiles, deletes etc.) Currently this feature is present in
>>> Lazarus?
>>
>> No.
>>
>> What special features of a ProjectGroup are you missing?
>>

> I also use project groups a lot in Delphi. The advantage is that you
> can instantly switch from one project to another without reloading all
> the files etc. We work (in Delphi) with applications that have other
> closely related binaries like dll:s and test applications and often
> they also share source files. So it is *very* convenient to use the
> project group concept to keep these easily accessible.

Indeed.

I discussed once with Mattias Gaertner about project groups (I use them a
lot in Delphi, and miss them sorely in Lazarus). Unfortunately, my simplistic
approach was quickly proven to be not sufficient for all the complex things
that the IDE does, so - for lack of time - I postponed it.

But I kept the design in my todo list.

Michael.