[Lazarus] Can't compile Lazarus on 64 bit linux

dibo20 at wp.pl dibo20 at wp.pl
Thu Feb 3 12:18:36 CET 2011

W dniu 03.02.2011 11:10, Vincent Snijders pisze:
> 2011/2/3<dibo20 at wp.pl>:
>> Hi,
>>
>> Since 4 days I can not compile lazarus. I always doing that by
>> /tools/install/create_lazarus_deb.sh. But I have error:
>> Compiling registerlcl.pas
>> Fatal: Can't find unit LazarusPackageIntf used by RegisterLCL
>> Fatal: Compilation aborted
>>
>> I reported this bug here:
>> http://bugs.freepascal.org/view.php?id=18650
>> This same problem with make. Anyone know temporary solution for that?
>> Because I deleted previous debs and now I don't have tool for work :P .
>> (Daily snapshots have problems with dependeces)
>>
> Use
>      make deb
> in the lazarus root directory.
>
> Vincet
>
> --

Hm, I never use this method. After your fix, create_lazarus_deb.sh works
fine, but when I try make deb I get this error (translated from polish
to english)

dpkg-checkbuilddeps: Unmet build dependencies Package: quilt fp
fpc-source-utils imagemagick
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: Failed dependencies / conflicts to build up;
interruption.
dpkg-buildpackage: warning: (Use the-d option to get around this.)
make: *** [debbuild] Error 3

I have installed FPC 2.5.1 from SVN and fpc-source