[Lazarus] installing zeos

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Thu Feb 3 17:24:15 CET 2011

"Terry A. Haimann" <terry at HaimannOnline.com> hat am 3. Februar 2011 um 15:56
geschrieben:

> I have tried to install zeos on a fc14-64 system.
>
> I tried putting it in /usr/share/zeos
>
> I issued a chmod -R 755 /usr/share/zeos
>
> I have tried adding one of the following to my user path (not all at the same
> time)
>
> /usr/share/zeos
> /usr/share/zeos/packages
> /usr/share/zeos/packages/lazarus
>
> Lazarus starts without any complaints from root, but if I try to start it from
> my user, I get the following error:
>
> The package "zcomponent" is installed, but no valid file (.lpk) was found.  A
> broken dummy package was created.
>
> Is there something I have forgotten?  Is there something I am doing wrong?

Yes.
Every user has his own settings, search paths, and can install his own set of
packages.
Install as root the lazarus binary packages. All other steps do as your normal
user.
Open the zeos lpk file and install it as normal user.

Mattias