[Lazarus] ToDoListLaz

Hans-Peter Diettrich DrDiettrich1 at aol.com
Fri Feb 4 13:43:46 CET 2011

Juha Manninen schrieb:
> Hans-Peter Diettrich kirjoitti perjantai 04 helmikuu 2011 07:53:55:
>> I tried it now, after 1 hour downloading, and I'm really impressed,
>> the installation proceeded without major problems :-)
>
> 1 hour! Is your internet connection so slow?

Yes, since December I have no phone and no internet (DSL) access. I only
wanted to change my phone provider, and this is the result :-(
Currently I'm using an UMTS stick for internet access...

>> *What must a user do to make the snapshot work?*
>
> DoDi, please forget the snapshots and load Lazarus directly from SVN server.
> You can quickly and easily update it to latest version, only the diff is
> downloaded. If you need to test an older version, it is easy, too.

Sorry, this is not easy at all. The mentioned problems exist with
*every* installation, and I have more than 10 FPC and Lazarus branches
on my machine. Some of these may disappear with the next cleanup, but
currently *every* installation requires another manual setup.

That's why I ask for a "clean" installation procedure, usable by
everybody with no detailed knowledge about FPC and Lazarus installation.

DoDi