[Lazarus] Exception with no stack trace [was: Can I be sure that timer and synchronize never fire at once?]

Martin lazarus at mfriebe.de
Sat Feb 5 16:39:50 CET 2011

On 05/02/2011 15:37, Luca Olivetti wrote:
> Al 01/02/11 09:07, En/na Luca Olivetti ha escrit:
>> 31/01/2011 10:23:26 TApplication EListError List index (3) out of bounds
>> Stack trace:
>> $0043FEFF
That code is in the RTL, and that may for various reasons not always
dump correctly.
For me generally it helps, if the rtl itself is recompiled with debug info.

Make sure to use the same kind of debug info stabs="-g -gl" or
dwarf="-gw -gl" than for the rest of your app, and the LCL,  and all
included package (so long as packages have dbg info, they do not
necessarily all need it)

>> (gdb) info line *0x0043FEFF
>> No line number information available for address
>> 0x43feff <CLASSES_TFPLIST_$__RAISEINDEXERROR$LONGINT+15>
>> (gdb)

Your 2nd option is to modify the RTL (at the above location), and but
the stack dupm in there, before the exception is raised....