[Lazarus] Stragne error in Lazarus 0.9.31 r29341 FPC 2.5.1 i386-win32-win32/win64

waldo kitty wkitty42 at windstream.net
Sat Feb 5 18:03:24 CET 2011

On 2/5/2011 07:21, Henry Vermaak wrote:
> On 4 February 2011 23:40, waldo kitty<wkitty42 at windstream.net>  wrote:

>>> And that was another useless off topic message from you to this list.
>>
>> hunh? i thought it quite legitimate to the question asked... it seemed to me
>> to be rather specific in nature...
>
> Your question makes no sense to me.
>
> Mattias asked if he knew what the "message window" is, since the error
> is shown there.  He replied "no" (I'm not sure if Silvio understood
> this completely).  Then your question about fixing it for delphi
> compatibility.  What exactly do you want to fix about this error
> dialog?  Where does delphi compatibility come in?

the message window has nothing to do with delphi compatibility? they are not
triggered based on the specific error message? are not the error messages,
message boxes and dialogues not part of delphi compatibility?

> Maybe I just don't understand what you meant.

i guess... you and numerous others... maybe too close to or too far from the the
problem you are??

>>> Please, restrain yourself with you have nothing sensible to add.
>>
>> i've been doing so... the above was not sensible? i've actually posted many
>> less posts since our last conversation... should i just drop this list
>> completely and look elsewhere for my pascal needs in this new world??
>
> <snark>Yes, please</snark>
>
> Seriously, why would you even ask that question on a public list.

yeah, same back... there was nothing wrong with the question as it related to a
message window and how it might be related to delphi compatibility... obviously
there  is something wrong, though :?