[Lazarus] Send a ResultSet (encrypted) between 2 servers

Marcos Douglas md at delfire.net
Thu Feb 10 15:04:00 CET 2011

On Thu, Feb 10, 2011 at 10:34 AM, Joost van der Sluis <joost at cnoc.nl> wrote:

> You have to use a webservice by definition. You could use wst, but
> that's overkill. But to be honest: in your case I think it's indeed
> better to use something home-made.

Uau! There is a loooong WST wiki page:
http://wiki.freepascal.org/Web_Service_Toolkit
if you think that's overkill, I following your advice!

> I know that others also had problems like these. Adding something like
> Midas is on my todo-list for a long time.

Very good!

> We can try to build the basic blocks you need so that it works for you.
> Thereafter we can (maybe that MvC can help) design a structure to make
> it more general.

OK. I will work on that in the next week, when the project will be
approved (I wait).

> First step is to export the data from a TBufDataset to a stream. See if
> you can do that and report back. Do you already use sqldb to obtain your
> data?

I have not begun the project.
Sincerely I was thinking to use Delphi 7, because this project have
ActiveX objects. I don't know how is this implementation in the FPC
so... but I wanted do all in FPC, if is possible.

Maybe not be need to use TBufDataset... this project will be coded
with another person, a DBA. I think is better the SP's result return
the SQL instructions (insert table blblabla) to use directly in the
receptor. The app not need to know about these tables.

Marcos Douglas