[Lazarus] SdpoSerial port open problems

Bo Berglund bo.berglund at gmail.com
Thu Feb 10 20:47:17 CET 2011

On Thu, 10 Feb 2011 09:15:09 +0100, Michael Schnell
<mschnell at lumino.de> wrote:

>On 02/10/2011 12:53 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
>>
>> 1) AP is very big and has way too many bells and whistles for me. I
>> just want the RS232 communications running without any extras like
>> TAPI, BBS:es etc...
>So just extract the code you need and make it run with Lazarus. This
>really would be great to have and on the long run could be distributed
>with Lazarus as a viable extension of the library.
>
>Let me know if I can be helpful with testing it.

Concerning AsyncPro extraction:
I once (4-5 years ago) tried to isolate the files needed by the serial
port component by copying file after file to a directory included in
the library path of Delphi from the AsyncPro source dir, which I
removed from library path. Then I made a syntax check to see what was
missing etc.

After a while I gave up because it looked like I would need more than
50% of the original files or maybe even all of them... :-(

So it is not really possible to isolate just the port.

--
Bo Berglund
Developer in Sweden