[Lazarus] New Form default properties

Mattias Gaertner nc-gaertnma at netcologne.de
Fri Feb 11 17:14:37 CET 2011

On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 13:52:21 -0200
Alexsander Rosa <alexsander.rosa at gmail.com> wrote:

> And what about the file *$HOME/.lazarus/environmentoptions.xml* ?
> According to unit *EnvironmentOpts* it can hold a "newformtemplate".

This variable defines what item to create when clicking on the
speedbutton "New form".

> Is this a not-yet-implemented feature?

As I wrote: Every programmer has his own idea how a form template
should work. So, yes, it is a not implemented feature.

> If it is, how could I help finish it?

Create a design time package and register your template. And if you
think others might find it useful publish it, for example on
lazarus-ccr. If other people find it useful and you can convince us
that the package is maintained, it may be added to the Lazarus sources.

Mattias