[Lazarus] SdpoSerial Tx and Rx buffers?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Mon Feb 14 11:29:06 CET 2011

On 02/13/2011 11:15 PM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> In serial components I have used with Delphi before there was always a
> property to set the buffer sizes (both Tx and Rx). But I cannot find a
> way to do this with SdpoSerial.
Does SdpoSerial use buffers at all ? With AsyncPro, Buffers necessary to
convert the blocking System interface into the event driven AsyncPro
user API by doing the blocking system calls in threads. With the
receiver, the collected data needs to be buffered until the main thread
is available to handle it, With the sender, the data generated by the
main thread needs to be buffered until the system API unblocks the
interface it blocked to prevent overrun of the system buffers.

Without using threads the user just sees a blocking interface and no
buffers are necessary.

-Michael