[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Mon Feb 14 15:23:05 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-14 16:00, Felipe Monteiro de Carvalho het geskryf:

> It is pure speculation to assume that this behavior will remain valid.

Well, it seems obvious to me that it should [and would]. From my
previous examples, the alias type is still a UnicodeString type. So why
wouldn't methods/procedures/functions that take UnicodeString types as
parameters work?

If the FPC implementation of such a UnicodeString (and the baviour I
described) cannot handle such cases, then I would have to say that the
FPC implementation would be seriously crippled. Lets hope it doesn't go
that route.

Not that I care (because Delphi doesn't do everything perfect), but how
does Delphi 2010 handle such alias types - especially when passed as
parameters (var and const)?

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/