[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Tue Feb 15 07:54:18 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-14 21:13, José Mejuto het geskryf:
> right, but I think they are garanteed to be the minimum except in some
> corner cases like "CompareText(UTF8String,WideString)" as one of both
> must be converted, but whichever one,

Exactly, auto-conversion would be kept to a minimum without any user
intervention. In the above example CompareText() could quickly check
each strings encoding, and if one matches the platform default, that
string doesn't need a conversion.

So in your example above, if you ran that under Linux, only the second
parameter would require an encoding conversion.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/