[Lazarus] Compile error

Joost van der Sluis joost at cnoc.nl
Tue Feb 15 17:45:27 CET 2011

On Fri, 2011-02-11 at 14:02 +1300, Paul Parkyn wrote:
> Hello,
> I have been trying to compile lazarus from svn, as I have tried a number
> of times I am using "make clean all" the process fails when calling the
> resource compiler for lazarus.or.

> lazarus.pp(132,1) Error: Can't call the resource compiler "/usr/bin/fpcres",
> switching to external mode

> The fpcres program is in the /usr/bin directory and is executable by
> everyone, lazarus.or is in the proper Unit directory and the majority of
> the files have updated time stamps.

You will not only get this error if it can not run fpcres, but also if
the execution of fpcres failes. Problem is that it doesn't show fpcres's
output. You could try to call it yourself and see what the problem is.

If you look carefully at the 'make all' output, you can see what the
last exact command was to compile lazarus.pp. Copy-paste that command
and add the '-va' parameter. Then check the output for more clues why
fpcres doesn't work.

Joost.