[Lazarus] SdpoSerial Tx and Rx buffers?

Michael Schnell mschnell at lumino.de
Wed Feb 16 10:59:02 CET 2011

On 02/15/2011 10:45 AM, Bo Berglund wrote:
> Does that mean that until all of the bytes have left the serial port
> the Write does not return to my program? This is exactly why I asked
> about the buffers...
Regarding sending, there still is a FiFo (usually some 4..64  Bytes ) in
the serial hardware (hundreds or thousands of bytes) and a software Fifo
in the OS driver. So the software can't tell when something has left the
serial port. For such deeply embedded issues  the specifics of the
driver and hardware needs to be considered

-Michael