[Lazarus] Test the Lazarus fixes_0_9_30 branch

Lukasz Sokol el.es.cr at gmail.com
Wed Feb 16 12:38:44 CET 2011

On 16/02/2011 10:44, Vincent Snijders wrote:

>> Yes it will confuse people less : look at Linux case - they have longterm, stable, rcX and
>> 'bleeding-edge' or 'developer' branches reflected in names of releases...
>> But this also comes with a policy what kind of patch is accepted into which release,
>> and it is being, surprisingly, observed (surprisingly given the size and pace of development).
>
> Do they rename branches after a release? Or do they create just
> another branch after a release, which means I will have to update the
> build scripts or change branches to track on all the build servers?
>
> Vincent

I guess whatever floats _your_ boat and gives the outcome people expect will do ;)

(googled)
Oh, on http://linux.yyz.us/git-howto.html you can find this phrase:
"The Linux kernel uses tags to for each kernel version [...]"

So I guess they branch out for the development/bleeding edge branches, then merge back to
head [trunk] and tag it.
And the stable patches get commited into tagged releases for which they are destined
(they do it by sending to the main head but also cc: stable IIUC)

I can't google more this time unfortunately, but it should be fairly easy to find.

Like I said - it is the outcome and whatever floats _your_ boat better, really.

Lukasz