[Lazarus] Does Lazarus support a complete Unicode Component Library?

José Mejuto joshyfun at gmail.com
Thu Feb 17 09:46:48 CET 2011

Hello Lazarus-List,

GG> Well, for any string handling in your application, you need to know the
GG> difference between what is perceived as a Unicode "character" on the
GG> screen, and the various ways such a "character" can be presented in a
GG> language structure. There is no way around this, unless FPC defines that
GG> such Unicode strings are always stored in some specific normalized manner.

I think FPC should handle them as codepoints, this means they are
normalized. If the string is not normalized is responsability of the
user to normalize it via the supported functions or create new
functions to support it unnormalized.

In other words strings support do not deal with their representation.

--
Best regards,
 José