[Lazarus] Size of program executable very big...

Graeme Geldenhuys graemeg.lists at gmail.com
Fri Feb 18 11:55:41 CET 2011

Op 2011-02-18 12:43, Bo Berglund het geskryf:

> With this one would get the best of both worlds, right?

I'm pretty sure with Lazarus' new "build modes" this is probably
possible already. I haven't played with that feature yet, so I can't
give a definitive answer.

Alternatively, you can also tell Lazarus/FPC to generate an external
file (not part of the executable) for the debug information. Thus you
have a small executable, and a separate file that contains the debugging
info. GDB will then look at both for debugging support. Again, not
something I tried myself yet, but have heard of others that use it like
this.

Regards,
  - Graeme -

http://fpgui.sourceforge.net/